Tuesday 30 August 2011

A new game


Daddy and me have a lot of fun. We like spend time together, listen to music and chat, but most of all, we like to play games. The most recent games that we have invented include 'Poo when the nappy is off', 'Milky vomit' and 'No sleeves'.....which is where Daddy tries to put a vest or baby grow on me and I try and wave my arms around or pull them to me body to stop him pulling them through the sleeves. Generally I win this game.

Our newest game is 'Wake a sleeping baby' otherwise known as 'Mission Bloody Impossible' by Daddy. This game only played at night generally between the hours of 1am to 4am when Daddy has gotten up from his own sleep to feed me. The game is simple, Daddy will try and wake me up and I will resolutely slumber through his escalating efforts to try to rouse me. First he tries all the obvious tactics, talking to me, rubbing my back or feet and changing my positions. Then he moves onto nappy changes, tummy tickles and dancing together. These are all generally very easy to resist. It is only when, normally after about 45 mins, he moves onto the nuclear option - the wet flannel on the face, that we move into the end game, the crucial test of wills between father and daughter. It is here that true character comes to the fore, him, desperate to get back to sleep, me, equally determined not to leave it.

Tonight Daddy won, he executed a perfect wet flannel / tummy tickle / blow on the neck combination. But there will be other nights.....I will get my revenge.






No comments:

Post a Comment