Friday 2 September 2011

Cultural Bea







I went to my first art gallery yesterday! We walked to the Camden Arts Centre, to see a contemporary exhibition called 'Necklace of Fake Teeth' by the French artist Mathilde Rosier, which was made up of paintings, sculptural assemblages and film. I liked her eclecticism, her use of materials and thought her specially constructed environment evoked the journey between conscious and unconscious realms, with the motif of the bed representing a threshold to buried psychic state.

I have to say though that Mummy and Nonna were not quite as impressed as I was, as they seemed interested, but only in polite, passing manner. Luckily Daddy seemed more taken by the art as he commented as we left that "it looks like something that Bea would be able to knock up herself in a few years time".

High praise indeed for this up and coming artist!



No comments:

Post a Comment